Prep time: 8.5 hours
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless pork chops (cut slightly thick)
- 1 1/2 cup Italian dressing (preferably Robusto)
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers
- 1/2 sweet onion,sliced thinly
- 16 lemon basil leaves
- 2 Tbs corn starch
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs Italian seasoning
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Marinade the pork chops in the Italian dressing for at least 8 hours. Reserve the marinade.
- Slice the roasted red peppers into 1/2 inch strips to line the bottom of baking dish, creating a bed for the pork chops.
- Place leaves of lemon basil on top of the roasted red pepper strips.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops in the baking dish on top of the roasted red peppers and lemon basil.
- Top with sweet onions, remaining roasted red pepper strips and lemon basil leaves.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done, pork chops should be tender.
- As the pork chops are cooking, place the remaining marinade into a saucepan.
- Mix corn starch and water and add to the marinade, bring to a boil. After about 7 minutes the sauce will begin to thicken.
- Remove the pork chops from the baking dish when done using a spatula to get the red pepper and basil from underneath and plated. Top the pork chops with thickened marinade